To support each child or young person in reaching their educational potential through a personalised curriculum.
Our core values underpin everything we do:
- To identify a learning pathway for each child or young person based on an accurate assessment of current learning abilities that takes into consideration the social and emotional wellbeing of the pupil.
- To use strategies that support and enable pupils to reintegrate into a learning environment that enhances their choices and further develops motivation to learn.
- To achieve the best progress possible in all aspects of learning.
- To identify and practise strategies and skills for learning and life ahead that enable our pupils to be as independent as possible.
- To support our pupils' social, moral, spiritual and cultural needs.
"Pupils make excellent progress academically, socially and in their behaviour. Staff possess a deep understanding of the implications of an acquired brain injury on pupils' prior knowledge, understanding and memory. Teachers set work for pupils that is far from easy. Pupils gain hugely from a rich experience of using the senses to support their recovery, combined with fresh and inspiring challenges."
"This is an outstanding pupil referral unit......Pupils engage exceptionally well in education due to lessons being planned meticulously with the individual needs of each pupil in mind......Staff are extremely skilled in helping all pupils to overcome barriers and make outstanding progress in their learning and development."